FF Madden '10 Online Franchise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Online Game Logs

4 posters

Go down

Madden Online Game Logs Empty Madden Online Game Logs

Post  Guest Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:12 am

I'm going to be keeping recaps of my online games much like kiwi did for NCAA, I encourage the rest of you to participate as well.

After starting out 1-3, I put in a lot of much needed practice and went on a 5 game win streak, finally feeling comfortable with the speed of the game. I then got DC'd in a game after going up 7-0 in the 1st Q so I received a loss for that. Sitting at 6-4 I'm about to face the Giants...oh yeah, I use the 49ers.

He received the ball to start and tried to pound it with Jacobs on the first drive. After two stops he's facing a 3rd and 7 and comes out in a goal line set and hands off to Jacobs. 3 49ers meet him after a 2-3 yard gain, he shrugs them off, and breaks it for a TD. Very frustrating start, but it was a big hint to the level of his skill. 7-0 Giants
On my opening drive, through a combination of Gore, Gore, Morgan, Crabtree, and more Gore, I was able to drive the field relatively easily and punch it in for a TD. 7-7
Thanks to my long drive, a lot of time was drained off the clock and we're now about mid way through the 2nd Quarter. After sacking him on his 1st play, and then a 10 yard completion, he's facing a 3rd and 12 from his own 30 yard line. I stop him and then he lines up to punt...wait...no, he's going for it? I decide to bring the heat and Lawson hits him as he's throwing, the ball floats up like a duck to Ahmad Bradshaw streaking up the middle, around 3-4 defenders he jumps up, gets flipped over at the legs, and holds onto the ball. Ugh. 1st down. Next play I get a nice taste of Brandon Jacobs again shrugging off a few defenders to break off a long TD run. Instead of getting amazing field position, I'm now down 14-7.

A few throws to Vernon and Crabtree gets me to his 49 yard line. There is about 35 seconds until halftime and I have 2 timeouts left. I call a deep post to Bruce out of the slot since the middle of the field has been open. Bruce is wide, gets the ball in his hands, then gets what looks like a romantic sweet hug from a Giants safety...and drops it. Now, this guy seemed so bad I decided to call the same play, except I would just flip it. Bruce again open, would put me in great field position for a FG at least, but it clanks off his hands. Frustration begins to set it. Bradshaw can jump up for a floater between 3 guys, get flipped, and still make the catch but a guy with 1000 career receptions gets the ball knocked out of his hands just from getting a gentle massage? Plus another where no one was even close enough to shake his hand? I threw up a little in my mouth and wanted to toss my controller through the wall. After getting a 1st down on the next play and with time running out, I settled for a long FG. 14-10 Giants.

Time to put together another nice long touchdown drive. First play of the 2nd half, I run with Gore to the right and like he's been doing so much for me in Madden 10, he weaves and cuts with his amazing vision and breaks off a huge 68 yard touchdown run. Wait what? What the fuck is that yellow thing on the ground? A mustard covered hot dog? Oh my god...it's a flag. Holding #46, bring it back. Is this really happening? More frustration sets in and I'm looking for something to kick. After looking at the replay it was even more frustrating to see the holding came after Gore was already long gone and my TE just grabbed a LB that was chasing and had no chance to catch me.

Trying to calm myself down, I begin working the middle of the field again. Moving the ball extremely easily, after 4-5 throws I'm at his 30 yard line. He has made no adjustments, so why change my gameplan? Crabtree on a deep in...drop. Morgan on a quick slant...drop. Vernon on an out...drop. As I was throwing up all over my controller from the three drops in a row, I decided it was best to settle on a Field Goal knowing I could stop him and score again. 14-13 Giants

After an uneventful drive by him that ate up some time I got the ball back on my 30 after his punt. Then I went on to choke. Facing a 4th and 10 from my 41 yard line with 3:30 left on the clock I felt there was still enough time where I could stop him and kick a FG.
After a sack by Lawson, an 8 yard run by Jacobs, and an incomplete pass to Boss, he's facing 4th and 8 and I begin to select Punt Return. I see his formation and it's 2 RB 2TE 1 WR. Err...what? Is he trying to just give me the game? So I select a blitz and I'm going to bring the heat with Lawson and Haralson. Making some adjustments and sliding the line around, Lawson has a clear path to Eli. Nice, I'm excited, now I just need to run a little bit, kill some clock, and kick a FG at the very least. FUCK. Eli shrugs Lawson off like a rag doll, tosses it up to Jacobs on a wheel route, who somehow got past Dre Bly in a deep zone, shakes him off, and is now off to the races with no one in sight. Ok, whatever, we're about to hit the 2 minute warning and I can make a touchdown drive then a 2 point conversion to tie. Except that he dives with Jacobs at about the 15 yard line. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. After screaming and frantically deciding what to do, I text my girlfriend real quick and tell her to come over with a mop to clean up all the throwup on my floor. It's ok, I'll hold him here, use my timeouts, and have some time to go down the field and score....hopefully. He's now facing a 4th and 2 from my 7 yard line. I start trembling when I see Brandon Jacobs lined up in the backfield in the Goal line formation. The ball snaps, Ketwan Balmer FLYS through the line insanely fast, meets Jacobs in the backfield, and gets knocked on his ass. Shit, first down. Game's over. I can't believe I lost to this idiot I want to cut all my receivers for dropping the ball and my tight end for holding and my defense for giving up 4th downs and not being able to tackle Jacobs. Next play he kneels, theres now 20 seconds left and he calls a play, asshole trying to run up the score. God damnit, I'll just call a Cover 2 in case he's retarded. Giants come to the line, and Eli is in Shotgun. Jackpot. Ball snaps, Eli rolls far back left and Justin Smith is right on his tail and time is just about run out. I select all my Dlinemen that keep getting close to him and pull them away. He still hasn't thrown the ball or ran or anything, time is up, and it feels like 5 minutes have gone by with him sitting back there. Finally he rifles it into the worst spot he could have, Main, you'll appreciate this. Right above Patrick Willis' head, he jumps and comes down with the pick. I immediately see a hole to the right if I can just get past these Olinemen....now just to fake Eli....BOOM, GONE! Touchdown! I win in spectacular fashion with a 101 yard interception return.

Wow, I felt I had gotten so unlucky that game especially since I was playing against someone I felt was terrible. With the drops, the 4th downs conversions, the gang tackles missing, and it turns out I get the luckiest play of the game. Phew what a relief...now to clean up this throwup....

Current Record: 7-4

Back to top Go down

Madden Online Game Logs Empty Re: Madden Online Game Logs

Post  dolphan9954 Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:57 am

Ya man I am in the same boat won my last 5. After starting 2-4 I am 7-4.
dolphan9954
dolphan9954

Back to top Go down

Post  Gundy's a Man Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:01 am

I feel kind of cheap, because I use the Titans. Granted they are a fairly one dimensional team, I still feel cheap. I run the Wildcat no more than 5 plays per game, unless the other guy is cheesing or won't concede defeat. Is it cheap for me to use the Titans?

Anyway, I started out 1-0, then my friend played and lost 3 straight, droppping me to 1-3. Since then, I have DC'd 3 games, Lost one outright, and had my dick of a friend lose 3 more. I usually win by 7-14 points using a fierce running attack with Johnson and White, and occasionally mixing in Jared Cook on a post or corner route. I rarely pass to anyone other than Johnson, White, or Cook, and IDK why. The one game I lost was 31-28. If I would have been paying attention I could have won,, because the guy scored on a fake FG.

My record is now 14(or 15) and 10

Gundy's a Man

Back to top Go down

Post  delpanator23 Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:12 am

im 7-2 right now. I have won 5 straight since making my offensive playbook with all my favorite plays and situations i should go to them in with my progressions. Anyways, i was 2-0, then lost 2 striaght, once to DalCowboyzRulez on a game i collapsed, and then got down to his 1 with no time left and got a delay of game cuz my controller died. The other was some dude than ran the wildcat 100% of the time and my offense wasnt good enough back then to out score him... I could still use some help on my defense even though i havent been that bad on it so far. If you have a really good defensive scheme, i wouldnt mind trading my offensive scheme for your defensive one... I got a good 20+ plays that work around 90% of the time if you make the proper progressions, evidence of my 2 games today going 15-17 and 18-19 (only incomplete was a drop).
delpanator23
delpanator23

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:38 am

Just had a really tough game against the Lions, lost 21-7. Gore fumbled twice inside his 20, both times resulting in a turnover. However, I also lost because he only ran the ball and used one passing play. The passing play dominated. No matter what defense I used, at least one guy was open, and he utilized all the receivers so I couldn't man up on one specific guy. He had extremely long drives on me because he'd run run run then do this pass play and I was never able to recover from those turnovers.

I would share the pass play with you guys since it was so good, but I'm stealing it Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:46 am

Wow, my defense really lathered up on the stick-em before this game against the Texans. I had 6 total turnovers, one hit stick on the FB in the flat, and 5 interceptions, 4 of which I returned for Touchdowns. He conceded in the beginning of the 3rd quarter after I got my 4th return for TD, ending the game at 44-0.

8-5

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:23 am

Haha, speaking of stick-em, I guess I used up all of it in the previous game. Ever feel like you're destined to lose a game? That's how it felt when I just played the Cowboys. I had SIXTEEN pass deflections, I'm talking straight off my hands/chest/helmet continuously but Zero INT's, couldn't believe it. I also forced 3 fumbles, including 2 where I hit sticked his punt returner but my CPU liked running over the ball so I never recovered one of them. This guy loved to just lob it up to his WR's or fire it to Witten. He did have one good play that would hit Jones/Barber out of the backfield. It seemed he was trying to give the game to me, but nothing went my way. I hit Crabtree over the middle, it clanked off his hands, right into Ken Hamlin who returned it for a TD. That didn't help. He was up 24-17 and I was driving in the 4th, got a TD and pushed it into OT. Can I get a break now? Nope, he wins the toss. Lobs it up to Roy Williams on the first play. I'm talking about underthrown and extremely high in the air. I'm grinning like a school kid cause this is one of the easiest Int's to get. I line Clements up in the circle, hit Y, jump up, clanks off my hands right into Williams' hands. Sigh. That puts him on the 30 yard line and he instantly kicks a FG to win.

Next game against the Giants I take out my frustrations and slaughter them. He concedes with the score at 35-14 in the 3rd quarter.

Record: 9-6. Man that looks ugly. 49ers are frustrating but fun because they make every game exciting.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dolphins_82 Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:21 pm

I think im 13-6 right now but I should be 14-5.

I played the gayest game in my madden career last night.
He picked Steelers, fo I got Patriots.
He scores on his opening drive. After that I shut him down.
It like 35-7 Halftime and I offer mercy, he rejects.
3 INT Returns later, he concedes defeat, I say fuck that and reject it.
I score twice more I think in the 4th.
The score is 60-7
He gets the ball back and starts doing some stupid playe like fake punt, FG, goaline.
He finally gets to 4th down, and the queer keeps taking False Starts, so the game wont end.
He backed up at his one. He prolly had like 30 False Starts, so I accidentally get Encroachment with Welker(in punt formation).
But the next play I do it on purpose. Then I go offsides and actually calls a real play.

I get booted with a message saying that I was excessively delaying the game. WTF.

THe shit ends my 5 game win Streak. And gives me a quit, although he didnt get a W for it.

Queers...
Dolphins_82
Dolphins_82

Back to top Go down

Post  dolphan9954 Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:28 am

Just played a pretty good game with art, he won 17-3 but for most of the game it was very close. Early on we both drove the distance of the field just to throw INT's, he returned his to my 30 yard line which set him up for a score. Then I kicked a FG before half with a good drive, my running game was on, Boldin had 3 carries for 40 yards out of wild cat, and Sproles had a fairly nice game himself on the ground. Kept me in it until the Ray Rice show took over. lol gg art
dolphan9954
dolphan9954

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down