FF Madden '10 Online Franchise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trade Discussion

+3
VYoung10
RSR
MainEvent
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Trade Discussion Empty Trade Discussion

Post  MainEvent Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:17 am

Non RC members can discuss the trades here.
MainEvent
MainEvent
Admin

https://ffmaddenolfranchise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Trade Discussion Empty Re: Trade Discussion

Post  RSR Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:06 am

I thought the colts / bills trade was as close to fair as it can get...
RSR
RSR

Back to top Go down

Post  VYoung10 Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:11 am

RSR wrote:I thought the colts / bills trade was as close to fair as it can get...

You and me both
VYoung10
VYoung10

Back to top Go down

Post  bigc421 Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:45 am

damn, LJ got traded for scraps
bigc421
bigc421

Back to top Go down

Post  VYoung10 Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:49 am

The RC isn't being strict anymore.
VYoung10
VYoung10

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyrants Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:11 am

Yo, guys use this thread. I forgot all about it. But we need to use this thread for all trade talks and deal discussions..

The other threads are purely for posting trades, rejecting, accepting, approving, and not approving...

Please move all other talks here...
Tyrants
Tyrants

Back to top Go down

Post  dolphan9954 Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:18 am

VYoung10 wrote:The RC isn't being strict anymore.

you would be surprised at the posting arguements we have had with half these deals.
dolphan9954
dolphan9954

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyrants Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:24 am

VYoung10 we really do hear and take in consideration everyone's complaints and concerns. Honestly we really do try to be fair. It really a battle on most of these deals. But its guys like you and a few others who have said "If they want to do the deal than they should be be able to." When you guys say that we in turn try to be a little easier. Now its we aren't being stict anymore. So you see really their is no consistency in the demands and wants from the people. So now we are just passing them as fair as we can see. We want their to be a lot of fun in this league but we also want instruction and rules...
Tyrants
Tyrants

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyrants Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:41 am

Wow, on that Dallas and Seattle deal. I guess its fair, but wow...
Tyrants
Tyrants

Back to top Go down

Post  VYoung10 Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:46 am

Tyrants wrote:

VYoung10 we really do hear and take in consideration everyone's complaints and concerns. Honestly we really do try to be fair. It really a battle on most of these deals. But its guys like you and a few others who have said "If they want to do the deal than they should be be able to." When you guys say that we in turn try to be a little easier. Now its we aren't being stict anymore. So you see really their is no consistency in the demands and wants from the people. So now we are just passing them as fair as we can see. We want their to be a lot of fun in this league but we also want instruction and rules...

O I don't really care anymore, you guys are the RC not me, Iam just here for fun. Plus I reserved Madden today anyways!
VYoung10
VYoung10

Back to top Go down

Post  bigc421 Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:15 pm

Tyrants wrote:

i agree with you here, it seems like everyone is on the fence, going back and fourth and contradicting themselves(myself included, i have to admit i kept bashing the Staffford deal because i wanted him myself) I think the main area of concern needs to be with a) new members, basically just make sure they dont get fleeced as soon as they start the league b) when the same person or persons seem to always be involved in the debatable trades.

another thing i was thinking about is trade deadline, i think rules should be alot more flexable around that time, and circumstance needs to be considered. Say i start out 1-5 andd my seasons in the tank, and another team is 5-1, but just got killed agains a division rival because they couldnt stop the run, if i can get a 1st and 3rd out of them for Pat Williams........it should be different
bigc421
bigc421

Back to top Go down

Post  bigc421 Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:45 am

Urlacher trade should not be passed, he is an elite player and will be an elite player in Madden for 5 more years probably, that is garbage.
bigc421
bigc421

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyrants Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:57 am

That Urlacher trade did sting. I gave up my best WR and a high draft pick (I value draft picks). He got his #1 WR, a young replacement LB with upside in Tulloch, a starting CB, and a draft pick...

Anyway I think I have a top 5 defense and an elite squad now. Also I can now run more 46 on defense...

DLine: Bosch (87), Brown (79), Jones (77), Kearse (75) or Ford (79)
LBs: Thornton (81), Urlacher (94), Bulluck (95)
DBs: Gamble (83), Hope (90), Griffin (95), Finnegan (92)
Tyrants
Tyrants

Back to top Go down

Post  bigc421 Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:02 am

just because a team doesnt have any good wr's doesnt make a 77 a number 1. It should have had to Britt at the very least. Should not be passed

and for the record, the bears are in my div, so its in my best interest to get urlacher out of it.

Last edited by bigc421 on Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:04 am; edited 1 time in total
bigc421
bigc421

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyrants Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:03 am

bigc421 wrote:just because a team doesnt have any good wr's doesnt make a 77 a number 1. It should have had to Britt at the very least. Should not be passed

Well he probably will be a number one. Hester was his best and he is only a 72...
Tyrants
Tyrants

Back to top Go down

Post  bigc421 Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:10 am

so no trading the face of the franchise.................unless it benafits you...is that correct
bigc421
bigc421

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyrants Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:15 am

bigc421 wrote:so no trading the face of the franchise.................unless it benafits you...is that correct

Urlacher was almost gone last year. Also, I didn't vote for the trade. Thirdly, there was never a rule against trying to trade franchise faces. The RC will just make it very tough to trade the top franchise faces. And lastly Cutler is the new frachise face- so the team still has a lot of its most recognizable players..
Tyrants
Tyrants

Back to top Go down

Post  dolphan9954 Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:48 am

Tyrants wrote:
bigc421 wrote:so no trading the face of the franchise.................unless it benafits you...is that correct

Urlacher was almost gone last year. Also, I didn't vote for the trade. Thirdly, there was never a rule against trying to trade franchise faces. The RC will just make it very tough to trade the top franchise faces. And lastly Cutler is the new frachise face- so the team still has a lot of its most recognizable players..

I would say Forte is the face but all the same
dolphan9954
dolphan9954

Back to top Go down

Post  bigc421 Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:58 am

Ty i was more refering to you being the one who really pushed for no trading the face thing. Cutler may become the face, but dont kid yourself...is flacco the FACE of the ravens....not while Rays there. Really the point anyways is just that the trade is not fair at all, he just turned 31 and is rated 95, he should be above 90 for another 3 years...and you gave up no one of real value other than the second. I dont remember who it was, but someone in the RC said there would be no more packages of average players getting traded for elite players.

like i said above, its in my best interest to get lacker out of my div, but im making my point.
bigc421
bigc421

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyrants Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:09 am

bigc421 wrote:Ty i was more refering to you being the one who really pushed for no trading the face thing. Cutler may become the face, but dont kid yourself...is flacco the FACE of the ravens....not while Rays there. Really the point anyways is just that the trade is not fair at all, he just turned 31 and is rated 95, he should be above 90 for another 3 years...and you gave up no one of real value other than the second. I dont remember who it was, but someone in the RC said there would be no more packages of average players getting traded for elite players.

like i said above, its in my best interest to get lacker out of my div, but im making my point.

I understand where you are coming from...
Tyrants
Tyrants

Back to top Go down

Post  VYoung10 Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:44 am

Tyrants wrote:
bigc421 wrote:Ty i was more refering to you being the one who really pushed for no trading the face thing. Cutler may become the face, but dont kid yourself...is flacco the FACE of the ravens....not while Rays there. Really the point anyways is just that the trade is not fair at all, he just turned 31 and is rated 95, he should be above 90 for another 3 years...and you gave up no one of real value other than the second. I dont remember who it was, but someone in the RC said there would be no more packages of average players getting traded for elite players.

I understand where you are coming from...

I agree completely, and this is why I find it VERY hard to trade with the RC. Everything sits in there favor too much!
VYoung10
VYoung10

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:23 am

Ok, first off, the trade already went through so we/they aren't going to reverse it. However, I wanted to let you know I voiced the same opinion to Tyrants that I felt he was being super strict on everyone but went after Urlacher who is and has been the face of the Bears for quite some time. I feel the same way you do. Basically, I'm just reinforcing to you that the RC is not just pushing everything through and only agreeing with each other. We are debating constantly.

Back to top Go down

Post  dolphan9954 Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:40 pm

Mondstrocity wrote:

Ok, first off, the trade already went through so we/they aren't going to reverse it. However, I wanted to let you know I voiced the same opinion to Tyrants that I felt he was being super strict on everyone but went after Urlacher who is and has been the face of the Bears for quite some time. I feel the same way you do. Basically, I'm just reinforcing to you that the RC is not just pushing everything through and only agreeing with each other. We are debating constantly.

Yes I was on the same page here as well. There was a 3 page debate on a trade that happened yesterday. I wont say which one, but it was a very tough deal to pass but i feel we made the right choice
dolphan9954
dolphan9954

Back to top Go down

Post  bigc421 Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:40 pm

Is the RC on vacation or whatt????
bigc421
bigc421

Back to top Go down

Post  bigc421 Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:44 am

has everyone gotten lives??? this place sure has died