FF Madden '10 Online Franchise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Regarding trades already made

+4
MainEvent
CAS (Texans)
Dolphins_82
kiwifan94
8 posters

Go down

Regarding trades already made Empty Regarding trades already made

Post  Guest Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:06 am

According to pastapadre in Online Franchise....

"Trades can not be completed before Week 1 games. They can be offered but nothing can be processed until Week 2. For franchises where people are negotiating and completing trades prior to starting, the way around this involves free agency. Simply release the players being traded away and then sign the ones being acquired. They are then eligible to play in the Week 1 games."

We could do this, but what about the trades involving draft picks? Should we wait after Week 1 to do those or try to figure another way around this? Not sure what everyone wants to do.

Back to top Go down

Regarding trades already made Empty Re: Regarding trades already made

Post  kiwifan94 Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:19 am

Mondstrocity wrote:According to pastapadre in Online Franchise....

"Trades can not be completed before Week 1 games. They can be offered but nothing can be processed until Week 2. For franchises where people are negotiating and completing trades prior to starting, the way around this involves free agency. Simply release the players being traded away and then sign the ones being acquired. They are then eligible to play in the Week 1 games."

We could do this, but what about the trades involving draft picks? Should we wait after Week 1 to do those or try to figure another way around this? Not sure what everyone wants to do.

Wow thats pretty shitty I am not sure what to do now.

kiwifan94

Back to top Go down

Post  Dolphins_82 Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:54 am

It's only one game, so yeah.
Dolphins_82
Dolphins_82

Back to top Go down

Post  CAS (Texans) Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:20 am

Just do the release players thing and then after Week 1 we can trade the draft picks.
CAS (Texans)
CAS (Texans)

Back to top Go down

Post  MainEvent Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:46 am

Ok here is the first thing I have felt like I am being a dictator about and not consulting anyone first but due to time constraints it is necessary. Here is what we are doing:

- All trades involving only player for player will be done by releasing the player and the opposing team signing them.

- All trades involving any picks will be done after week 1.
MainEvent
MainEvent
Admin

https://ffmaddenolfranchise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  bigc421 Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:02 am

MainEvent wrote:Ok here is the first thing I have felt like I am being a dictator about and not consulting anyone first but due to time constraints it is necessary. Here is what we are doing:

- All trades involving only player for player will be done by releasing the player and the opposing team signing them.

I dont really like that but it is what it is. It would be better to do all players traded threw FA's and then just trade the picks for the bottom player on a roster. Team could even just sign any FA and trade him for the pick. Team B can keep or cut that player after.

We dont want players getting hurt while playing for the wrong team either.
bigc421
bigc421

Back to top Go down

Post  BLick12 Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:03 am

bigc421 wrote:
MainEvent wrote:Ok here is the first thing I have felt like I am being a dictator about and not consulting anyone first but due to time constraints it is necessary. Here is what we are doing:

I dont really like that but it is what it is. It would be better to do all players traded threw FA's and then just trade the picks for the bottom player on a roster. Team could even just sign any FA and trade him for the pick. Team B can keep or cut that player after.

That was the first thing that came to mind when I read this as well. I think our best bet to trade the picks would be as you said, pick up some scrub off FA and trade him for the picks required and then have the other team cut him.
BLick12
BLick12

Back to top Go down

Post  MainEvent Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:04 am

bigc421 wrote:

I can deal with that, i like that Idea
MainEvent
MainEvent
Admin

https://ffmaddenolfranchise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  DalCowboyzRule Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:30 pm

MainEvent wrote:
bigc421 wrote:

Yeah I like that too. Like the Lofa Tatupu deal had a 6th round pick in it. Say that gets held up over a frikkin 6th, and Lofa gets hurt week 1 while playing for Seattle. Or Barber gets hurt when I play TB. That would really suck.
DalCowboyzRule
DalCowboyzRule

Back to top Go down

Post  olOHERSCHOlo Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:41 pm

DalCowboyzRule wrote:
MainEvent wrote:
bigc421 wrote:

Yeah I like that too. Like the Lofa Tatupu deal had a 6th round pick in it. Say that gets held up over a frikkin 6th, and Lofa gets hurt week 1 while playing for Seattle. Or Barber gets hurt when I play TB. That would really suck.

agreed

olOHERSCHOlo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down